Table of Contents
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has announced 2019 recruitment requirement for the Post of Officer Grade A. SEBI is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
Therefore those candidates who seek their future in stock or securities market can apply for the post of Officer Grade-A. The online registration of SEBI Officer Grade-A is expected to start from August 2019, and interested candidates can apply online on the official website of SEBI.
|Online Application and Payment of fee On-Line||August 2019|
|Availability of Call Letters||Will be intimated by email/SMS|
|Phase I On-Line Examination||October 2019|
|Phase II On-Line Examination||November 2019|
|Phase III Interview||Dates will be intimated|
- General – Rs. 850/-
- OBC – Rs. 850/-
- SC/ST/PwBD – Rs. 100/-
The payment can be made by using only Debit Cards (Rupay/ Visa/ Master Card/Maestro), Credit cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on August 31, 2018, i.e., the candidate must have been born on or after September 01, 1988.
Age Relaxation (Upper Age Limit) –
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC – 3 years
- PwBD – 10 years, 13 years(OBC), 15 years (SC/ST)
- Ex – Military Person – 5 years
|Stream||No. of post||Qualification|
|Legal||18||Bachelor’s Degree in Law|
|Engineering (Civil)||5||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering|
|Engineering (Electrical)||5||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering|
Mode of Selection
Selection will be carried out in three phases.
- Phase I- It will be an online examination consisting of Multiple Choice Questions on General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Test of Reasoning and Awareness of Securities Market.
- Phase II – Candidates shortlisted in Phase I will appear for phase II, which will also be an online examination consisting of three papers.
- Phase III – Candidates shortlisted in Phase II will be called for an Interview.
Pre-requisites for applying online
The candidates applying for the post of Officer Grade-A must ensure that they have below-mentioned documents/requirement ready before applying online:
- Scanned passport size photograph.
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Scanned left thumb impression of the candidate
- Scanned copy of handwritten declaration as per the format
- Valid Email ID and phone number for correspondence.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are required to apply online by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: The candidates need to visit the official website at www.sebi.gov.in and open the link “Careers”. After that open the Recruitment Notification “SEBI RECRUITMENT EXERCISE – RECRUITMENT OF OFFICER GRADE A (ASSISTANT MANAGER) – 2019” and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE”, this will re-direct you to a new page.
- Step 2: In this page, the basic information will be required after which an application number and password will be generated. The candidates need to note down these for future purpose.
- Step 3: Now the candidates need to fill the remaining details such as educational qualification or personal details. There will be an option to “VALIDATE YOUR DETAILS” and “SAVE & NEXT” button, click on it and proceed further.
- Step 4: Proceeding further, the candidates need to upload their photograph, signature, thumb impression and handwritten statement.
- Step 5: Now candidates need to click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before “FINAL SUBMIT”.
- Step 6: Payment section will appear, proceed for payment and click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 7: Take a printout of application form and keep it for future purpose.
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful for the candidates applying for the post of SEBI Officer Grade-A 2019.