Table of Contents
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted the common entrance examination on May 5, 2019, for the students who seek their in the medical field. The examination was conducted for entrance in the courses such as MBBS, MD, MS and dental courses such as BDS, MDS.
As per the official notification of the examination, the result will be declared a month after the examination on June 5, 2019. The board will publish the result online on the official website. Before that, the board will publish the answer key for the examination on the basis of which the students can have an idea about their score.
|Examination||May 5, 2019|
|Release of answer key||Last week of May 2019 (Tentative)|
|Challenging answer key||Last week of May 2019 (Tentative)|
|Declaration of Result||June 5, 2016|
How to check NEET (UG) 2019 Result
Once the result will be announced, it will be available online on the official website. Some simple steps are given below to check the result of NEET (UG) 2019:
- Step 1: The candidates need to visit the official website at www.ntaneet.nic.in and click on the link related to the result.
- Step 2: To login, the candidates need to enter their Roll number and DOB.
- Step 3: After entering the details the result containing the score will be displayed.
- Step 4: Here the candidates will get an option to download the result and they can take a printout of it for future purpose.
Below are some details which will be mentioned on the scorecard of NEET (UG) 2019:
- Name and Roll Number
- Application Number
- Personal Details
- Total Marks obtained
- Percentile Score
- NEET All India Rank
- NEET Qualifying Status
- NEET Cutoff Score
*It is important for the candidates to know that there is no provision of re-checking the result and under no circumstances, the result will be re-evaluated. The result published online will be the final result for all the candidates.
Also, the candidates qualifying the NEET (UG) 2019 examination need to register themselves online for All India counseling. The counseling process will start a week after the announcement of the result. In case the candidates didn’t register themselves for All India Counseling, they can register themselves for the State counseling process conducted by the State authorities.
In Case of Tie Breaker Criteria:
If two students will get the same score in NEET (UG) 2019 result, then their inter-se merit will be decided on the following criteria:
- The student getting the higher marks in Biology will get preference in the merit list.
- If their biology score is also the same, then whoever got the highest marks in Chemistry section will get preference.
- If even after this there is a tie in their score then the candidate with the lesser number of incorrect answers in the examination will be given preference in the merit list.
- If there is still a tie even after considering all the factors above, then the older age candidate will be given preference over the younger candidate.
Qualifying Percentile in NEET 2019
Before knowing the qualifying percentile for NEET 2019, it is important to know how percentile is being calculated:
Percentile = 100 X Number of candidates appeared with a raw score equal to or less than the candidate
Total number of candidates appeared
For qualifying the NEET (UG) 2019 examination, the candidates need to have a minimum of 50 percentile. However, for reserved candidates, the criteria is different:
- For UR-PH candidates: 45 percentile
- For OBC/SC/ST/OBC-PH/SC-PH/ST-PH: 40 percentile
The admission will be based on the merit list of NEET (UG) 2019 prepared under two categories:
- 15% All India Quota seats: All the government colleges of India will reserve 15% seats of total seats under this category. Therefore, those students who have secured the minimum pass percentile and applied under this category can get admission after counseling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
- 85% State Quota seats: Remaining 85% seats will be reserved for the candidates of that particular state and for the candidates who applied only under State quota seats. The counseling is conducted by the state authorities.
NEET 2018 toppers list
Below are the details of the top 5 students of NEET 2018 examination:
|S.No.||Candidate Name||Marks Secured||Percentile Score||All India Rank|
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful for the candidates. We wish you all the very best for your NEET (UG) 2019 result.