Table of Contents
The National Testing Agency has declared the result for the JEE (Main) April 2019 First Paper today at 9:00 AM. The board has made available the answer key for the students on their official website earlier. The result of JEE (Main) April & January 2019 will make sure who all will be eligible to the next level of the Engineering examination JEE (Advance) 2019.
The board has already published the result online which is available for the students to check and download from the official website of NTA.
- Result announcement of Paper I: April 30, 2019
- Result announcement of Paper II: May 15, 2019
How to check JEE (Main) April 2019 Result
The NTA will publish the result online and the students can check their result by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of NTA at https://jeemain.nic.in/ and click on the JEE (Main) April 2019 result link.
- Step 2: Now students need to login in the result portal with their application number, date of birth (DOB) and security pin.
- Step 3: As soon as the details will be filled the result will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 4: From here download the result and take a printout of for future reference as the score will be required at the time of counseling.
Who will be eligible for JEE (Advanced) 2019:
If the students appeared in both January and April JEE (Main) examination, the score of both the papers in each session will be combined and the best two scores will be taken into consideration for proceeding in the JEE (Advanced) 2019 examination.
As per the official announcement by the organizing committee of JEE (Advanced), the top 2,45,000 students will be eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) Examination which will be held on May 27, 2019.
Cut-off score for Qualifying in JEE (Advanced) 2019
The cut-off score for qualifying in JEE (Advanced) 2019 is given below:
- Common Rank List (CRL): 89.7548849
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): 78.2174869
- Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL): 74.3166557
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 54.0128155
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 44.3345172
- People with Disability (PwD): 0.1137173
How Percentile is being Calculated
The NTA decides the top students on the basis of the Percentile each student has got. The students can be confused regarding the difference between the Percentage and the Percentile. Here we are explaining how the percentile is being calculated:
Percentile = 100 x Number of students in the group with aggregate marks less than that obtained by the students/ Total number of students in the group
It is to be assumed that the top 20 percentile is being considered for proceeding in the examination. However, the total number of passed students each year may vary.
Highlights of JEE (Main) April 2019 Result
- There are 24 students who were able to score 100 percentile in JEE (Main) April session.
- More than 6 lakh students appeared in both the sessions of JEE (Main) 2019 and more than 2.9 lakh students were able to improve their scores.
JEE (Main) April 2019 toppers:
JEE (Main) January 2019 toppers:
There were 15 students who got 100 percentile in JEE (Main) January 2019 session. Below is the list of toppers who topped the chart:
|S.N||Candidate’s Name||State||NTA Score (Percentile)|
|1||Bojja Chetan Reddy||Andhra Pradesh||100.00|
|3||Dhruv Arora||Madhya Pradesh||100.00|
|4||Ankit Kumar Mishra||Maharashtra||100.00|
|5||Kartikey Chandresh Gupta||Maharashtra||100.00|
|6||Raj Aryan Agrawal||Maharashtra||100.00|
|10||Adelly Sai Kiran||Telangana||100.00|
|11||Yindukuri Jayanth Phani Sai||Telangana||100.00|
|14||Himanshu Gaurav Singh||Uttar Pradesh||100.00|
|15||Naman Gupta||Uttar Pradesh||100.00|
We hope that the information provided in the above article will be helpful for the students preparing for JEE (Advanced) 2019. We wish you all the best for your JEE (Advanced) 2019 examination.