Table of Contents
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a common entrance examination for those students who seek their future as an engineer. This examination gives an opportunity to the students to take admission in various engineering colleges in India. JEE constituted two examinations i.e., JEE Main and JEE Advanced.
Earlier JEE Main was known as AIEEE Examination which used to be conducted by CBSE. Now the National Testing Agency (NTA) is conducting JEE Main examination and from this year onward the NTA is conducting this examination twice in a year, January and April. Those candidates who weren’t satisfied with their score of January session or couldn’t give the examination of January 2019 session can appear for the JEE (Main) April 2019 session.
The registration for JEE Main April session has started from February 8, 2019, and the students can fill the application form online on the official website of JEE Main.
|Registration||Between Feb 8 – March 7, 2019|
|Correction in particulars except for the choice of cities (applicable only for the candidates who are applying for the first time)||Between March 11 – 15, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||March 20, 2019|
|Examination date||Paper I (B.E./B.Tech.) –
8th, 9th, 10th and 12th April 2019
Paper II (B.Arch./B.Planning) –
7th April 2019
|Result||April 30, 2019 (Paper I)
May 15, 2019 (Paper II)
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The students applying for the JEE Main 2019 has to fulfill the given below criteria to be eligible for the examination:
|Age Limit||No age limit|
|Qualifying Exam||The candidate has to pass the 10+2 system or equivalent examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019.|
|10+2 System Qualifying Marks||The candidate has to pass the 10+2 system or equivalent examination.|
|Number of Subjects in Qualifying Exam||The candidates must have taken 5 subjects in the 10+2/qualifying examination.
For B.Arch. – the candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in the qualifying examination
|Number of Attempts||The candidates can attempt for 3 consecutive years which includes 2 attempts twice a year.|
|For admissions into IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||The candidates securing a minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category candidates) or in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards in Intermediate/10+2 are eligible to apply.
For Paper II (B.Arch.) – The candidates should have completed the 10+2 system/equivalent exam with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The candidates applying for the participating institutes in JEE Main can check the reservation applicable in that particular institute. However, if the institute is run by the Central Government, the following are the conditions for reserved category:
- SC candidates: 15% of the seats reserved
- ST candidates: 7.5% of the seats reserved
- OBC-NCL candidates: 27% of the seats reserved
- PwD candidates: 5% of the seats reserved
The candidates can pay the examination Fee through Debit card/Credit Card, Net Banking and through bank challan before March 8, 2019. However, please note that the processing charges and GST has to pay by the candidates while applying online for JEE (Main) April 2019 examination.
The details of Fee according to the different categories are given below:
|Fee payable for JEE (Main)–April 2019||In India||Outside India|
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech) or
Girls- Rs 250/-
Girls- Rs 1000/-
Girls- Rs 250/-
Girls- Rs 1000/-
|Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech) and
Girls- Rs 450/-
Girls- Rs 1500/-
Girls- Rs 450/-
Girls- Rs 1000/-
The NTA conducts the examination of JEE Main in two sessions on the basis of which selection is to be made:
|Morning Session||B.E./B.Tech||9.30AM – 12.30 Noon||360||3 hrs|
|Afternoon session||B.Arch./B.Planning||2.30 PM – 5.30 PM||390||3 hrs|
JEE (Main) is considered to be a difficult examination for which the candidates have to be prepared well. Therefore, the candidates should be aware of the examination pattern of JEE (Main) for succeeding in the examination.
|Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech)||Objective type MCQs|
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics-Part I (Objective TypeMCQs)||30||120|
|Aptitude Test-Part II (Objective TypeMCQs)||50||200|
|Drawing Test –Part III||01(a,b&c)||070|
Points to know:
- For each correct answer, four marks (+4) will be given
- For each incorrect answer, one mark (-1) will be deducted
- For each Unanswered / Marked for Review zero mark (0) will be deducted
Instruction for filling an online application form
Before applying online for the JEE (Main) April 2019, the candidates must ensure that they have necessary documents required to fill an application are ready. Below we are providing a list of documents required:
- Qualification Details (10, 10+2/equivelant)
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph in JPG/JPEG format. The size of the photograph should be between 10kb – 200kb.
- Scanned copy of signature with a size between 4kb – 30kb.
- A valid email ID and phone number on which the communication will be done.
- For paying online the candidates must have a valid Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking account.
How to apply
(A). Candidates who appeared in the JEE Main January 2019 need to follow the steps given below while applying for the April 2019 session:
- Step 1: The candidates need to login to the official website at www.jeemain.nic.in with their application number and password of the January session. All the personal details such as name, photograph or signature of the candidate saved earlier at the time of January registration will start displaying.
- Step 2: Now the candidates need to complete the form by filling the choice of course (B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch./B.Planning), question paper medium and examination center.
- Step 3: After filling all the details the next step is to make payment. The candidates can make payment either online through debit/credit card, net banking or can pay offline by e-challan of any bank.
- Step 4: After the submission of the fee, the registration will be completed and candidates can take a printout of it for future purpose.
(B). Candidates who are appearing for the first time in JEE (Main) April 2019, need to follow the simple steps given below while applying online:
- Step 1: Go to the official website at www.jeemain.nic.in and register for the online application form. A system-generated Password will appear, note down it. After generating Password fill the personal details and submit. A new Application number will be generated which will be required for the next steps in the registration.
- Step 2: Login with the application number and password to complete the remaining details on the Application Form.
- Step 3: Now candidates need to upload a scanned copy of Photograph and Signature. A correct image should be uploaded as there is no option available for the correcting images.
- Step 4: After completing the previous steps, the candidates will have an option to make payment by Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/e-challan option.
- Step 5: After making the final payment, the registration process will be completed. The candidates can see all the details filled in the online form. Take a printout of the form for future correspondence.
We hope that we have provided all the necessary information which will be required at the time of registration of JEE (Main) April 2019 examination. However, we also suggest candidates to read all the instruction given in the public notice of the examination.