Table of Contents
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts a common entrance examination for various Indian Banks. The candidates seeking their future in the banking sector can apply online for the IBPS examination. There are 20 Indian banks who participate in the IBPS selection procedure and candidates can set a preference of Banks for their selection.
The IBPS officials have announced that the online application of PO/MT Preliminary examination will start in July 2019 and the students can apply online on the official website of IBPS.
|On-line registration start including Edit/Modification date||July – August 2019|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||July – August 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||27-09-2019 to 12-10-2019|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||12-10-2019, 13-10-2019, 19-10-2019 and 20-10-2019|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||October/November 2019|
- The candidate should be graduated or in the final year of the Graduation may eligible to apply for the Examination.
- The Candidate should have a valid mark-sheet of the Graduation.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, or permanently migrated from any other country to India with a valid certificate of eligibility issued by Government of India.
- The candidate’s age should be between 20-30 years as on 01.08.2018.
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (NCL) – 3 years
- PwD – 10 years
- Ex-serviceman of Military – 5 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots – 5 years
- General Category – Rs. 600/-
- SC/ST/PwD – Rs. 100/-
The candidates only pay application fee through online mode by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets etc.
Structure of Online Preliminary Examination
|Sr. No.||Name of Test||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English/Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English/Hindi||20 minutes|
The penalty for Wrong Answers
According to the official website of IBPS, there will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be 6 deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
Please know that candidates clearing the minimum cut-off in the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear in the Main examination of IBPS PO/MT.
Pre-requisites for applying online
Before applying online for IBPS PO/MT 2019, the candidates must ensure that they have the required documents ready to fill an online form. Below are the details:
- Scanned Passport size Photograph of (4.5cm × 3.5cm) dimensions.
- Scanned signature
- Left thumb impression
- Handwritten declaration
- Valid email id and phone number for correspondence
How to Apply
The interested candidates can apply online by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: The candidates need to visit the official website at www.ibps.in and click on the link to related to “CRP PO/MT”.
- Step 2: Now click on the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to register by entering the basic information in the online application form.
- Step 3: Now candidates needs to upload their scanned copy of photograph, signature, left thumb impression and handwritten statement.
- Step 4: After uploading documents, candidates will have an option to make payment through online mode by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- Step 5: Once the payment is complete, an e-receipt will be generated, take a printout of it.
- Step 6: Now click on the “Final Submit” button to complete the online registration procedure. An online application form containing all the details will appear, take a printout of it for future correspondence.
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful for candidates applying for IBPS PO/ MT 2019 examination. However, we also suggest candidates to keep following the official website of IBPS for regular updates.