Table of Contents
Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET), is an examination which provides an opportunity for many candidates to become a teacher in various school across India. Each year CBSE conducts this common examination and many candidates appear for this examination. This year the registration for this examination was started from February 5, 2018, and the examination was conducted on Sunday, July 7, 2019.
The examination was conducted in two sittings (Paper 1: class I-V and Paper 2: class VI-VIII) in 92 centers across India. As per the CBSE, the cut-off score will also be published along with the declaration of the result. It was informed by CBSE that the result will be declared in August 2019 but the exact date for the result is yet to be decided.
After the declaration of the result, the CBSE will issue the marks statement to the candidates qualifying the CTET 2019.
How to Download CTET 2019 result
As soon as the CBSE will announce the result, the students can check their result by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: the candidates need to login to the official website of CTET at www.ctet.nic.in.
- Step 2: at the home page of the website candidates will see a link to the result.
- Step 3: click on the link and it will redirect you to a new page.
- Step 4: in this page, you will need to fill your details such as registration number/DOB/password.
- Step 5: download the result and take a printout of the result for future use.
Eligibility for CTET 2019
- The candidates need to score minimum marks equivalent to 60 percent in each paper, on the basis of which candidates will receive the Qualifying certificate.
- Qualifying certificate is a necessary document which will be required at the time of applying for the post of teacher in any school.
- Qualifying CTET means the candidate has met the one condition to be a teacher. However, it totally depends on the school management to decide on hiring the candidate. They can give concession to SC/ST/OBC candidates in accordance with their reservation policy.
- The qualifying certificate of CTET is valid for 7 years, which means the candidates can apply in different schools for the post of teacher till 7 years after the examination.
Attempts in CTET
According to the official notification available on the CTET website that there is no such restriction on the number of attempts a candidate can take for clearing the examination which is a plus point for the candidates preparing for the CTET examination for years.
Also, if a candidate who has qualified the exam but wants to improve his/her marks can appear again in the CTET examination.
Cut off marks for CTET
Though the CBSE has confirmed that at least 60% marks (which is 90 out of 150 in each paper) will be required for qualifying the CTET examination. However, it is not necessary that the cut off marks will always be the same as minimum qualifying marks. As the result is yet to be announced, candidates can take an idea from the previous year’s cut off score to determine how much they require to pass the examination:
Schools available for CTET candidates
CTET exam opens a variety of opportunities for the candidates seeking their future as a teacher. Therefore, CTET qualified candidates can apply in any schools under central government and schools under administrative control states such as Delhi, Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Candidates can also apply for the schools of state Government if it didn’t conduct the State TET examination for the recruitment of teachers.
Many Private schools also consider CTET score for recruiting teachers for them.
For more details or information related to the CTET 2019 examination, candidates can also follow the related article given in the link below: