Table of Contents
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), India is a premier national Research and Development organization which is known as the world’s largest publically funded organization. Each year the CSIR conducts examination for the candidates who seek their future as a research fellow or assistant professor. This examination is known as the National Eligibility Test (NET).
This year also the CSIR has released the CSIR NET 2019 June notification for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The online application procedure will commence from February 25, 2019, and candidates can apply online for the CSIR NET June 2019.
|Starting date of online registration||February 25, 2019|
|Ending of online registration||March 18, 2019|
|Admit Card Download||June 3, 2019|
|Examination Date||June 16, 2019|
Age Limit (As on 01/January/2019)
- JRF – 28 Years (Max.)
- Lecturer/NET – No Age Limit
- Age Relaxation (Upper Age Limit)- OBC – 03 Years, SC/ST/PH/Female candidates – 5 years
Before applying online for CSIR- UGC NET examination, the candidates must read the educational qualification criteria. The requirements for the exam are given below:
- The candidate should have passed M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Those candidates who have enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited category.
- B.Sc(Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates possessing only a Bachelor’s degree are not be eligible to apply for Lectureship.
- The candidates of Ph.D. degree who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Below are the subjects in which the candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) :
- Chemical Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)-Non Creamy Layer||500|
|SC/ST/Person with disability (PwD)||250|
While applying for CSIR NET, the candidates can only make payment online. The candidates are required to use payment gateway facility to deposit their Examination fee only through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking. However, the candidates don’t need to pay any kind of extra charges for using the payment gateway facility.
For fee concession, the candidates falling under reserved category have to upload a self-attested copy of category certificate. If a self-attested copy is not submitted, the application can be rejected for the candidate. The candidates should also know that the CSIR only follow the rules of the Central Government and the candidates covers under Central Government rules will be eligible for any kind of concession or relaxation. State government rule will not be applicable in this case.
Mode of Selection
The CSIR conducts the examination in two sessions on the basis of which the selection of candidates will be decided:
|Morning Session||Life Sciences & Physical Sciences||9.00AM – 12.00 Noon||200||3 hrs|
|Afternoon session||Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||2.00 PM – 5.00 PM||200||3 hrs|
It is important for the students to know that the subject-wise session of examination and its timing can be changed at the discretion of CSIR. However, any change in the schedule of the examination will depend on the number of candidates registered in each subject.
How to apply
The registration process for CSIR will start from February 25, 2019. The candidates applying for the CSIR NET examination can apply online by following the simple steps given below:
- Step 1: The candidates first need to login to the official website of CSIR-HRDG at www.csirhrdg.res.in and look for the information bulletin on the home page.
- Step 2: After reading all the details about the required documents and eligibility criteria, the candidates can click on the link “apply online”. This link will redirect candidates to a new page window.
- Step 3: The candidates will be required to fill basic details such as personal information and educational qualification.
- Step 4: After filling the details candidates will be required to upload photograph, signature and necessary documents supporting category (if required).
- Step 5: After uploading the documents, the will be able to see the payment option which they have to do by using payment gateway option.
- Step 6: Once the payment is done, the registration process will be complete. The students will be able to see all the details fill in the online form. Take a printout of the form for future correspondence.
We hope that the information provided in the above article will be helpful for the candidates. We also recommend candidates to keep following the official website of CSIR for regular updates.