Table of Contents
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research releases each year the Net exam for the candidates who seek their future as a research fellow or assistant professor. This year also the CSIR has released the CSIR NET 2018 December notification for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The online application procedure has already commenced from 25-September-2018 and candidates can apply online for the CSIR NET December 2018.
The important dates for CSIR NET December 2018 are as follows:
- Starting Date of online registration – 25-September-2018
- Last Date of online registration – 15-October-2018
- Admit Card Download – 3-December 2018
- Examination Date – 16-December-2018
- General – Rs. 1000/-
- OBC – Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PH – Rs. 250/-
Candidates applying for the Examination are required to use payment gateway facility to deposit their Examination fee only through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking. Candidates are not required to pay any transaction charges for using payment gateway facility.
Age Limit (As on 01/July/2018)
- JRF – 28 Years (Max.)
- Lecturer/NET – No Age Limit
- Age Relaxation (Upper Age Limit)- OBC – 03 Years, SC/ST/PH/Female candidates – 5 years
Before applying online the candidates must read the educational qualification criteria. The requirements for the exam are given below:
- The candidate should have passed M.Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Those candidates who have enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited category.
- B.Sc(Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are not be eligible to apply for Lectureship.
- The candidates of Ph.D degree who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Below are the subjects in which the candidates can apply for the post of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) :
- Chemical Science
- Earth, Atomspheric, Ocean & Planetary Science
- Life Science
- Mathematical Science
- Physical Science
How to apply
Candidates can apply through official website (http://csirhrdg.res.in/) of CSIR before October 15, 2018
*Candidates are request to carefully read the notification before applying for the exam.
Mode of Selection
Selection will be made through Written Examination in two Sessions:
|Morning Session||Life Sciences & Physical Sciences||9.00AM – 12.00 Noon||200||3 hrs|
|Afternoon session||Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences||2.00 PM – 5.00 PM||200||3 hrs|
The subject-wise session and timing of the Test can be changed at the discretion of CSIR, which will depend on the number of candidates registered in each subject.