Table of Contents
The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) is an entry level test for the candidates who want to pursue a Chartered Accountancy as their carrier. This examination is being conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is conducted twice a year in June/December at many test centers in India and overseas.
This year the CA CPT examination will be held on Sunday, June 16, 2019, at 197 Examination Centers in India and 5 centers overseas (Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Kathmandu, and Muscat).
|Starting Date of online registration||April 4, 2019|
|Last Date of online registration||April 24, 2019 (without late fee) and up to May 2, 2019 (with late fee of Rs. 600/- for Indian and Kathmandu Centres and $10 for foreign centers)|
|Admit Card Download||May 30, 2019 (tentative)|
|Examination Date||June 16, 2019|
|Examination Result||July 2019|
Below are the details of application fee required to deposit at the time of online registration:
|For Indian Centres||Rs. 1000/-|
|For Overseas Centres||US$ 300/-|
|For Kathmandu Centres||INR. 1700/-|
The exam fee is required to be submitted online by using either VISA or Master Credit card / Debit card / Rupay card / Net banking.
The candidates applying for the CA CPT examination must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- CPT is only open for those candidates who have timely registered themselves with ICAI for June examination.
- The candidates must have passed a 10+2/equivelent examination from any recognized school or board.
- Candidates having commerce with 55% marks in graduation/post graduation are eligible to apply for CPT examination.
- Candidates other than commerce stream with 60% in graduation/post graduation are also eligible for applying CPT examination.
Mode of Examination
The CPT examination will be an Objective Type Multiple Choice Question based examination. The students will have an option to opt either Engish or Hindi as a mode of examination. The question paper will consist of 4 sections of total 200 marks. The candidates have to secure at least 50% to clear the cutoff marks.
The CA CPT examination will be held in two sessions i.e., Morning session and Afternoon session in 197 Indian + 5 overseas centers. Below are the details of the examination schedule:
(i.e. Morning Session)
|Section – A Fundamentals of Accounting||40||10.30 AM to 12.30 PM (IST)|
|Section – B Mercantile Laws||60|
(i.e. Afternoon Session)
|Section – C General Economics||50||2.00 PM to 4.00 PM (IST)|
|Section – D Quantitative Aptitude||50|
|Total||4 Sections||200||4 hours|
How to Apply
The candidates who are preparing for the CA CPT examination can apply online by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: First, the candidates need to login to the official website of ICAI at http://icaiexam.icai.org. At the top section of the home page, you will find an option of Login & Register.
- Step 2: The candidates need to log in as a new user to register by filling basic information such as name, email ID, mobile number and DOB etc.
- Step 3: In the next step, the candidate has to fill the remaining details of education, photograph etc.
- Step 4: After filling all the details the next step is to make payment. The candidates can only make payment online through VISA or Master Credit card / Debit card / Rupay card / Net banking.
- Step 5: After the submission of the fee, the registration will be completed and candidates can take a printout of it for future purpose.
We hope that the information provided above will be helpful for the candidates applying for CA CPT examination in 2019. However, we also suggest to keep following the official website of ICAI for regular updates.